Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on them for market trends and data insights derived from 256 million freight matches and a database of $65 billion of market transactions. They are looking for a UX Designer/UX Lead who can join the team and help increase customer retention and loyalty via solid user experience. The goal is to make their company one that customers and employees love. They are looking for designers who can lead by empathy and be the voice of the customer. If this sounds like you - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
UX Design Lead Responsibilities will include:
• Facilitating design thinking with workshops, customer journeys and user flows.
• Creating quick prototypes using hand sketches, wireframes and prototypes exploring customer needs
• Working with UX researchers to conduct early and continued user testing
• Sharing interactive artifacts and explaining concepts to product managers and developers.
• Presenting designs to senior leadership
• Publishing design components to the design system repository and help keep the style guide updated.
UX Design Lead Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be a seasoned user experience designer with 7-10 years of experience designing web and mobile applications.
• You should have a comprehensive portfolio of web and mobile app design, examples of sketching and lo-to-hi-fidelity prototypes.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of heuristics, user research, user workflow, journey mapping, information architecture design, and ability to evaluate design concepts.
• Familiarity with mobile technologies and interactions
• Proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools like Axure, Figma, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience in leading design efforts within a corporate, agency or both.
• Proficient in Agile methodologies and working and working within a Scrum framework.
• Have a high degree of attention to detail, be a self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability
UX Design Lead Supervisory Responsibilities:
• The UX Designer will successfully lead cross functional teams and is an expert collaborator.
• This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in related fields such as Interaction Design/ HCI, Product Design, Cognitive Engineering/ Human Factors, Psychology.
Senior Interaction Designer Job Complexity:
Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.