Location: Portland, OR (fully remote)
Are you a senior software engineer with a passion for quality? Do you believe testing and developing should go hand in hand? Do you love to coach and mentors others? We are looking for a quality-focused software engineer to help guide our current teams, and we encourage you to apply! If you’re interested, please send your resume to email@example.com, and do know we value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Our tech platform is built on a cloud native microservice and serverless architecture that is part of a fully automated continuous deployment ecosystem. Our teams use technologies including but not limited to: Java, Salesforce Apex, Clojure, Scala, Python, Go, Ruby, NodeJS, React, NoSQL (DynamoDB), ElasticSearch, Docker, and a wide variety of AWS native services.
You should be somebody that is enthusiastic about solving consumers' problems; you should be a technically capable software engineer who can work in a team in tackling the technical and user experience challenges, who excels working in an agile environment and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry.
• Apply industry best software development practices to build a world class platform as a service
• Develop infrastructure and tools that support internal systems used by internal and external customers
• Help teams identify gaps in their design, code, tests, or processes that could affect quality, and help them plan how to fill these gaps
• Strong coding skills in one or more languages. Preferably Ruby, Python, or JVM-centric language
• Experience with the Cloud and a variety of native services within AWS
• Experience developing and validating complex features
• Ability to plan, schedule and deliver quality software
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication
• Experience coaching and directing others in programming, debugging, analyzing and solving program and system issues
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 6 years of industry equivalent experience
• Experience in automating success and failures output of product features
• Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) processes
• Experience with Cucumber methodology
• Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment practices
• Experience with serverless architecture - Familiarity with container technology (Docker)
• The Software Engineer would have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field and at least 3 years relevant experience in a multi-platform environment.