Are you interested in joining a dynamic and talented QA team? Our client is a fast-paced environment that is excited about quality assurance. Their enterprise SaaS solution is rapidly expanding, and because of that they are growing the QA team to ensure our continued success. If you are interested, we would love to speak with you! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
This is much more than a basic tester position. We are looking for ambitious senior level team members to accelerate the testing processes. Our client is implementing an advanced test automation framework, designing, and building complex sets of engineered test data, while creating the foundations for comprehensive performance and load testing. We are looking for talented engineers who can test and automate while building their skills across all areas of software quality assurance. This person should be comfortable with both manual testing and hands on automation at all levels, including API and data validation testing, unit testing, integration, and interface testing and can start coding right away. We are looking for self-starters who can work autonomously, collaborate with team members to determine testing and quality needs, and be proactive in a fast-moving agile process.
QA is a full partner in the software development process. They work closely with development, architecture, and management as an integrated agile team.
• Collaborate with other software engineers, developers, and designers for continuous improvement of product quality.
• Work within agile teams to develop test plans and facilitate manual and automated testing.
• Participate throughout the development release train in an agile environment that is striving for continuous integration/continuous release.
• Develop, maintain, and execute manual and automated test cases using Cucumber.
• Convert manual tests written in Gherkin to automated tests using an objected oriented programming language and integrate into existing automation framework.
• Build and maintain test data and environments.
• Responsibilities include performing technology research, developing proof of concepts, initial technology implementation and providing training for implemented technology.
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Assist QA manager with code-reviews and hiring additional QA talent.
• Assists with metrics collection, analysis, and reporting.
• Very detail oriented.
• 5 years of software QA experience, preferably with some exposure to enterprise SaaS products.
• Solid Object-oriented programming experience required.
-Good experience in Java, Groovy, python, etc. a plus.
• Good SQL and database knowledge.
• Experience writing and executing automated tests with Selenium, and Cucumber preferred.
-IntelliJ experience a plus
• Ability to identify dependencies/risks during sprint planning/grooming.
• Collaborate with other software engineers, QA engineers, product owners, and UX designers for continuous improvement of product quality.
• Strong experience writing test plans and test cases. Gherkin experience a plus.
• Experience with bug tracking / workflow management tools (preferably JIRA).
• Experience with Agile Development Process and agile “whole team approach” testing.
• Good understanding of version control (preferably Git).
-Command line experience a plus.
• Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team player, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
• Must be flexible, adaptable, and comfortable with ambiguity.
• Must be able to stay focused and maintain quality standards in a fast-paced environment.