Are you interested in joining a dynamic, talented QA team with great opportunities for growth and making a sizable impact? Our enterprise SaaS platform is rapidly expanding, and we need your expertise to help ensure the future success of our testing strategies and technologies which support large enterprise and government customers. If you’d be interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
• Due to government contract requirements you must be a U.S. Citizen and pass a pre-employment drug test.
More about this role:
As the Quality Assurance Architect, you will be the technical lead for the QA team and will coordinate with our QA Manager to strategize and implement our QA technical roadmap. You will be focused on increasing testing efficiencies, developing processes and methodologies, and enhancing test processes to test web applications within AWS cloud environments. You will be involved in mentoring and assisting your colleagues, ensure processes and standards are followed, and help maintain a focus on producing high quality product in an innovative culture.
QA is a full partner in the software development process using agile methodologies. We have a great work environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration, plus an excellent benefits package, and much more. If you are looking for a work environment where you are an equal part of the team, and can make a sizable impact, then this is the place for you. This position will report to the QA Manager.
• Primary responsibilities include performing technology research, developing proof of concepts, technology implementation including a lot of coding, and providing training for implemented technology
• Collaboration with project teams to strategize and align long term solutions for automation including roadmaps, tools, framework & approach
• Analyze and define automation processes to fill the gaps between current processes and industry standard best practices
• Provide guidance, training, and mentoring to colleagues regarding the implementation of testing automation processes and best practices as needed
• Develop Automation Dashboards and formulate KPIs to highlight automation
• Collaborate with other software engineers, QA engineers, product owners, and UX designers for continuous improvement of product quality
• Build and maintain test data and environments
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Assists with metrics collection, analysis, and reporting
• Assist QA manager with code-reviews and hiring additional QA talent
• May require attendance at offsite recruiting events
• May include travel to offshore QA teams
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in QA
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working with automation tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, Cucumber, IntelliJ, Karate, Appium,
• Solid Object-oriented programming experience required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using GitLab, Maven, Jenkins, Docker
• Advanced knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of AWS as a cloud platform
• Experience automating API testing (Karate experience a plus)
• CI/CD pipeline integration experience
• Performance, load, and security automation experience
• Mobile and cross browser testing automation experience
• Strong experience writing test plans and test cases in Gherkin
• Experience with bug tracking / workflow management tools (preferably JIRA)
• Experience with Agile Development Process and agile “whole team approach” testing
• Ability to translate technical requirements into test cases
• Responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures
• Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness, and holds self-accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures
• Ability to influence a team of technical resources, mentor/coach, and train resources on Automation
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must be able to work independently and as a team player, with the ability to work cross-functionally
• Must be able to stay focused and maintain quality standards in a fast-paced environment