Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your Product Management experience will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees and believes in strong work-life balance. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
As Associate Product Manager, you will lead and set the vision for a cross-functional team that is charged with product line innovation. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products inside your vertical. Working with marketing, competitive intelligence and customers, you will build products. The ideal candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working closely with sales and key customers.
Product Manager Responsibilities
• Brings new products to market by setting the product vision by developing market based requirements and product marketing programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and product launch teams.
• They should have an unyielding passion when it comes to shaping the future of design and engineering.
• They should act as the critical connection between customer needs and business strategy, solution design, software development and go-to-market execution.
• They should be able to create and maintain product information documents, technical guides, and other support materials for assigned products, as needed
• Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
• Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
o Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
o Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
Product Manager Qualifications
• 2-3 years of experience working within a software as a service business (SaaS), or experience in multi-sided network dynamics.
• 1-2 years of experience as a product owner working as a Business Analyst, Program Manager, Product Owner or equivalent work experience is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing (MBA preferred)
• Experience in managing agile/scrum development processes and lean methodology
• Experience in story mapping and feature prioritization techniques.
• Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving, thoughtful product scoping, and flexibility in a fast-moving environment
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with engineering, design and product marketing to set realistic goals and stay on track.
• Understanding of user experience design principles and customer-centric solutions development