Location: Portland OR
Our partner is seeking to add an API Product Line Manager to join their Product team in Beaverton, Oregon. Our client is one of the industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Matching Business. Your experience as an API Product Line Manager will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. You would be working with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
We are looking for an API Product Line Manager who lives and breathes APIs, and someone who is ready for an exciting opportunity to guide a market leader into the future with new innovative RESTful APIs and a powerful set of microservices that support them.
The API Product Line Manager will own and manage the developer portal. This role will manage and oversee the requirements, epics, and stories for continuously evolving roadmaps while coordinating internal product line integrations and requirements as well as third-party partner integrations and their own APIs and requirements.
This person should be an expert at both internal and external facing communication. They should also have an interest in staying on top of our microservices offering, developer advocacy, site documentation as well as other related content for the areas that their portfolio spans. A sharp business acumen is expected in order to ensure the company is fully leveraging its capabilities in the marketplace and with our customers.
With insight into market trends, integration partner relationships, collaboration from internal stakeholders and awareness of customer pain-points the Product Line Manager will be the voice of the customer thus ensuring product solutions that provide sustainable customer value. The position will work closely with Software Development, Product, Marketing, Sales and Support to deliver world class microservices and API capabilities to market.
API Product Line Manager Primary Responsibilities
• Own the API integration product portfolio; define business objectives supporting key business goals, create actionable roadmaps and deliver products/features/enhancements with a specific focus on world-class freight matching, rating, tracking and workflow document solutions
• Practice customer-driven product management methodologies within an agile environment
• Ensure clarity of expectations and accountability via measurable goals and objectives.
• Develop and maintain subject matter expertise, best-practice insight, optimal solution delivery of freight matching and rating solutions for our flagship products (Freight Matching, Rates & Analytics, Tracking Visibility)
• Manage the prioritization of work, helping to ensure quality and on time delivery within budget; maintain product roadmap(s), initiative and feature definition and work with product team to deliver executable user stories to the engineering team(s)
• Partner with marketing, sales and customer service to develop and execute go-to-market and marketing communication plans
• Develop a robust understanding of the truckload freight and freight matching competitive landscape and opportunities for differentiation
• Champion effective attribution via API integration with customers, vendors and other solution providers
• Identify KPIs that effectively measure results
• Ensure an effective user acceptance testing framework in place for all product releases
• Maintain close relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners to continuously understand customer challenges and identify new opportunities
• Working with internal stakeholders identify external customer groups to obtain insight into customer pain-points
• Communicate effectively with all (external and internal) stakeholders to ensure that platform product development, usability and its impact on the business is understood
API Product Line Manager Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience working in high volume data environments with data science and software engineering resources
• Heavily analytical mindset with an ability to use data to define and support digital product strategy
• Strong ability to demo, test and troubleshoot APIs
• Expertise as an Agile Product Owner with demonstrated proficiency in managing product backlog, prioritization of business needs and writing epics/user stories
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to collaborate and communicate at all organizational levels
• Success in managing both internal and external business, vendor and client relationships with a focus on collaboration and transparent communication
• Ability to conduct market research, analyze data, gain insights and foresee, interpret and respond to changes
• Ability to anticipate and effectively solve complex problems
• Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability to seamlessly multi-task
• Ability to build buy-in and alignment, act with urgency, drive results and take educated risks
• Proficiency with Google Apps, Google Developer Console and Google APIs suite of products
• Intimate familiarity with the suite of tools available from AWS
• Success in collaborating with remote engineering teams
• Ability to occasionally travel
API Product Line Manager Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, business or a related field
• 5+ years of relevant digital product management experience
• Proven expertise as the product manager/owner of API product solutions
• Proven expertise with Agile methodologies
• Experience managing partnerships or partner products a plus
• Pragmatic Product Management certification a plus
• Basic analytics experience (SQL, Tableau) a plus