Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Matching Business. Your experience as a Product Marketing Manager will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. You would be working with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com.We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
The Product Marketing Manager is passionate about delivering great customer experience, and drives development and execution of business, product and marketing plans that support the product lifecycle including product development, go-to-market, and sunset. With a thorough understanding of the end-user, their business, and the context in which we can help them achieve their goals, the ideal candidate is an expert collaborator who takes ownership of the many decisions that result in great customer experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be a leader with a minimum of 10 years product marketing experience. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages complete product lifecycle from idea generation through exit. Prepares new product justification, product requirements, launch plans and training for customer facing staff
• Develops and manages a strategic product roadmap for each product line under his/her responsibility
• Studies the competitive landscape and market trends, evaluates opportunities and builds business cases in support of new products, services, and business changes that help achieve company goals
• Applies expert skill in data analytics and forecasting
• Gathers and assimilates end-user data from primary and secondary sources including field observations, interviews, customer feedback, and industry surveys
• Takes a leadership role in defining the cadence of product launch planning and calendar management, and collaborates across all functional teams to execute strategies and tactics
• Defines and manages the delivery of great customer experience
• Participates in the development of specifications and the selection of technology vendors to ensure that both current and future needs are being met
• Writes the requirements documentation for feature concept and participates in the development of more detailed requirements (use cases) for development
• Sets up beta programs for new products and/or enhancements
• Initiates and participates in the development of all marketing, product releases, advertisements, sales promotions, and sales presentations that are designed to increase market share, marketplace volume and product profitability
• Supports global sales channels through joint sales calls/visits to key accounts; proposal/bid pricing and development assistance; and trade show support and conference calls
• Attends functions and conducts research of industry trends to provide management with projections and relevant, actionable market statistics
• Directs and implements the formation of pricing policies, billing format and procedures.
• Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Product Marketing Manager has successfully lead cross functional teams and is an expert collaborator. This role has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
Knowledge: Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review exist at this level.
Job Complexity: Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
Supervision: Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of related experience.