Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your Product Management experience will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees and believes in strong work-life balance. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration-friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
The Product Delivery Manager is responsible for directly managing the Product Owner, Business Analyst and Scrum Master teams to ensure cross-functional alignment and communication, tracking toward launch milestones and overall readiness for all our product releases.
The Product Delivery Manager reports to the Vice President of Product but is responsible for working with Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Support and Sales, from product inception and development, through market readiness and release. Responsibilities include working with Product Line Managers to define releases, their goals, milestones, and release dates and managing Product Life Cycle for products already in the market.
This is a critical role for us to make sure all internal constituents are working toward the same goal and managing communication and changes as we design, release new features and products to the market.
Product Delivery Manager Responsibilities
• Work with Product Line Managers, Engineering and Marketing to define and execute winning product delivery plans
• Act as overall program manager across all our initiatives to ensure that all in-flight initiatives are executing to plan
• Develop processes to ensure a single source of the truth, support effective decision-making and alignment of teams
• Build, maintain, and communicate product plans and track deliverables, milestones, risks and dependencies from the cross functional team
• Responsible for consolidating and delivering weekly status Dashboard updates to the executive management team
• Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout the process
• Advocate for all stakeholders throughout the delivery cycle to ensure they have the support needed to succeed
• Own and manage the Gate Review process, which reviews and approves potential new features and products
• Own and manage the Product Execution Team meetings to ensure that all teams are well informed, aligned and new initiatives are prioritized
Product Delivery Manager Qualifications
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Software Development Life Cycle
• 10+ years of relevant experience in Product Management or Product Marketing preferred
• Previous leadership role in high-tech industry required, ideally within software as a service (SaaS) business; transportation/supply chain industry experience preferred, but not required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing (MBA preferred)
• Experience leading a team and cross functional projects
• Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong communication, presentation and writing skills with emphasis on technology
• Natural evangelist and strong customer advocate
• Strong Project Management experience (Agile/Lean)
• Strong accountability and project management for tasks without close supervision
• Ability to build excellent rapport with leadership across our company
• Demonstrated strength in analytical thinking
• Understanding and experience with Agile product development practices highly desirable