Our client is looking for a Software Engineering Manager. The Software Engineering Manager will help lead the technology team, develop and coach, be a servant-leader, and work very collaboratively with other departments within the organization. Your soft skills in this role are key! If you’d be interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
The Engineering Manager is responsible for driving company success by understanding the company’s business strategy and developing technical initiatives to align and execute business goals. This position will serve as the most senior technical leader, fostering collaboration with other mission-critical teams to develop systems in support of the company’s core business. The ideal candidate will be an effective technical leader, familiar with software engineering best practices, be data-driven, and have the ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical business partners and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Understand the complex business challenges related to eCommerce and develop a strong business acumen to implement strategic, technical solutions to business challenges.
· Partner with technical leaders to provide effective coaching, mentoring and career development to forge a successful and highly functional technical team through performance management, succession planning, and on-the-job training opportunities.
· Identify business needs and strategically assist in the recruitment and retention of technical talent.
· Foster cross-functional collaboration between departments to drive focus on both quality and timeliness in the delivery of technical projects throughout the organization.
· Practice “thought leadership” to advance the overall state of technology for the entire organization.
· Ensure business requirements are translated into solutions that are technically sound by leading architectural reviews and diving deep into the code and algorithms that your teams own and develop when appropriate.
· Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed and best possible decisions are being made.
· Represent the company within the technological community and ensure the organization is staying abreast to changes within the technology field.
· Budgetary oversight of Engineering
Minimum Job Requirements
· 6+ years of Engineering Experience
· 3 years of engineering management experience, with a proven track record of designing and executing large scale, complex technical solutions with highly technical teams.
· Ability to clearly communicate and lead discussions around strategy, architecture, and engineering principals. Will need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), certifications a plus
· Agile development experience.
· B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
· Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
· Experience working in a DevOps Environment
· Experience with Data Warehousing
· Previous experience with eCommerce Marketplace development such as Amazon, Ebay, etc.
· Experience guiding organizations through growth, change, and evolution.
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues.
· Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.