Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Matching Business. Your experience as an Engineering Manager will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. You would be working with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. They have a beautiful office specifically designed to be collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Our client is seeking a Business Applications Engineering Manager for a leadership role on their Information Technology team in Beaverton, Oregon. This position requires deep technical expertise, as well as a genuine passion for leading and developing people.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall architecture and technical direction of our internal applications. This individual must be highly proficient with current software development technology, tools and practices, particularly familiar with Salesforce and other application development. The ideal candidate would have experience with Salesforce development, API design and cloud native architectures. The successful candidate will be able to steer projects toward the grand solution, be business savvy and design solutions that meet our business needs.
The Business Applications Engineering Manager has responsibility for the growth and mentoring of the entire software engineering team, as well as the individual team members. Additionally, the Manager will collaborate with key internal stakeholders to continuously improve the engineering process and ensure we are meeting the needs of the business.
Software Engineering Manager Primary Responsibilities:
• Drive software engineering projects to successful conclusion
• Grow software engineering teams through leadership, mentorship, recruiting and retention activities
• Exhibit technology leadership by participating in architecture and technology decisions with Technology Leadership
• Translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications.
• Participate in developing architecture and technology roadmaps
• Contribute to project plans and product roadmaps, specifically in the areas of task breakdown, estimating, and scheduling
• Communicate status of projects and team progress reports up the management chain
Software Engineering Manager Secondary Responsibilities:
• Adopt and model qualities of “Servant Leadership”
• Provide consistent team goals, objectives
• Continually seek to identify, remove impediments to progress and success
• Provide direction to software engineering teams, mentoring and career development to individual software engineers
• Provide Annual Reviews, routinely conduct 1:1s for coaching and individual professional development, create individual professional growth plans for each team member
• Champion initiatives to consistently improve software engineering teams
• Actively seek to attract new talent, improve the hiring process
Software Engineering Manager Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience managing software engineering teams
• Outstanding interpersonal, written communication skills
• Adept at effectively working with professionals from a wide range of disciplines
• Passionate about delivering high quality results
• Committed to ongoing professional development and learning
• Invested in the professional growth and development of individuals and teams
• Demonstrated expertise working across full stack, from UI to database
• Experienced using modern frameworks (such as Node.js or Spring Boot) to build microservices
• Experienced using development frameworks such as React or Angular to build web UIs
• Design, develop REST APIs
• Leverage AWS to deliver efficient, cloud-native solutions
• Experience with Scrum/Agile SDLC