Location: Beaverton, OR
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated engineering manager to work with our client who is a leader in the audio industry. They create innovate, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. You’ve probably heard their products work in wonders – Airports, arena, courtrooms, Houses of worship, theaters, universities, corporations, and conference centers. This person will help to ensure timely and accurate product deliver of software projects. As well as act as a mentor and guide for individual contributors within the Software Applications Team on matters regarding technology, systems architecture, and the development process. If you are seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. Send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
• Create and coordinate project schedules and budgets.
• Drive performance of project team or teams under their purview to deliver project according to the time and budget constraints.
• Align and navigate technical solutions to the needs and requirements identified by Product Management and to the architectural goals of engineering
• Assist in staffing determination of team members to individual projects.
• Ensure project team members have appropriate project tasks.
• Regularly report project and program progress to PMO office.
• Work with principals, key engineers, and the Platform team to determine architectural standards of our technologies and act as a key implementation agent to for their creation and maintenance
• Ensure that software development processes are followed consistently according to departmental guidelines
• Work with peer managers to develop effective software development practices to reduce errors and speed up learning and implementation of new functionality over time.
• Employ cooperative and transparent management practices with peers to achieve effective and timely product development outcomes.
• For software projects, derive objectives from product-management originated roadmaps
• Train or arrange for training of teams and direct reports on development practice guidelines.
• Provide guidance to lead personnel and individual contributors within the latitude of established company policies and practices.
• Recommend changes to processes, product roadmaps and establishes procedures to optimize program deliverables.
• Work with peer managers to establish and maintain appropriate and effective workplace culture
• Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires evaluation of various factors, including current business and technology trends.
• Follow and recommends changes in processes and operational policies for delivering technical solutions.
• Act as advisor and mentor to subordinates, enabling them to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
• Provide status reports to the PMO office for projects under supervision.
• Lead a cooperative effort among project members.
• Other duties as assigned by your Manager.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
• Bachelors degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects and staff in a software and/or electronic hardware product engineering environment.
• Excellent organization skills in order to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
• Skills to establish effective relationships with all levels of an organization both internal and external.
• Presentation skills appropriate to deliver project information to executive management and others through the organization.
• Conflict resolution and team motivation skills.
• Proven experience managing products through a new product introduction process, from inception to first-customer-shipment desired.
• Design experience in software, mechanical, or electrical product development role desired.