Our client is small, dynamic, fast-moving, and developing on the cutting edge of drone technology and image processing. They are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer (Back-End) for their Earthworks team. The Earthworks team works on the core platform for as well as developing aerial intelligence features with a strong focus on GIS applications and high accuracy mapping. You will be focused on delivering complete features & tackling engineering problems in the Earthworks domain. As an early-stage contributor, you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of the feature development life cycle, from conception to deployment. They value initiative and taking ownership of problems.
If this sounds exciting to you, please apply! We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Remote, USA (core team hours of 10am – 3pm PST)
- Work deeply with GIS concepts including raster data processing, coordinate systems, and GNSS data.
- Build performant, scalable services with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Build monitoring and analysis tools for high-utilization deployments
- Debug issues with complex interactions across multiple services.
- Work with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Design and implement APIs, and transform requirements into clear business logic
- Be a highly productive engineer that can write, ship, document, and maintain code.
- Be a primary owner of code quality and best practices for the codebase.
- Bring innovative and new ideas to improve our products & processes.
- Collaborate with Product teams and Tech leads to drive product development
- 4+ years of recent backend or full stack experience and comfort with working on back-end services.
- Deep understanding of modern web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance and scale.
- Proficient in Python
- Experience working on SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience designing and integrating REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Nice to have (but not necessary) experience with GIS software such as Esri ArcGIS, QGIS, GDAL, Rasterio, PROJ, PDAL, PostGIS, etc.
- A healthy balance between loving to ship code fast and keeping up best practices for our code repositories.
- Experience with building SaaS products is a plus
- Experience with modern JS frameworks is a plus
- Experience in Aviation or Drone/UAS space a plus
- Passionate for drones, robots, aviation, GIS, a HUGE plus!