Director of IT
As the Director of IT, it will be key to be comfortable while wearing multiple hats and functioning at a high level in a fast-paced environment. This role will be hands on and will lead our IT department. The role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be based in our Eugene, Oregon corporate headquarters. The Director of IT is supported by an IT Systems Administrator and an IT Generalist.
We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Location: Eugene, Oregon
- Facilitate and coordinate development, tools/application upgrades, and system testing. Participate in tactical project work as needed. Serve as subject matter expert on applications including NetSuite.
- Oversee department infrastructure including tool selection, project management, department policies, and staffing (resource allocation & planning)
- Ensure security and integrity of data, network, and backup systems
- Maintain budget, track spending and inventory, negotiate with third-party vendors
- Maintain a high quality of responses of IT tickets and overall customer service
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve IT issues in a fast-paced environment
- Support the company with walk-up customer support for employees who require immediate attention and properly schedule more detailed work requests for approval by the IT steering committee
- Configure, upgrade, and support hardware, software and print devices
- Setup and support user accounts, office phones, VPN access, mobile technology for trucks, etc.
- Develop direct reports to increase the bench strength and flexibility of the team. Ensure that employees receive appropriate training and resources to perform their jobs effectively and efficiently
- Handle all management level responsibilities for staff, including performance reviews, employee development, coaching and counseling
- Ensure a positive work environment and awareness of all staff of company goals and objectives and compliance to all applicable employment policies
- Communicate up, down, sideways, inside, and out with varied stakeholders, and at varying depths of technical competency, to help drive organizational change and adoption of new technologies
- Lead by example and actively manage team in support of the core values
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years of progressive related experience
- 4+ years of technical experience directly related to database and network administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with SQL databases with Excel preferred
- Excellent customer service
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with remote support tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products to support business
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for innovation and continuous improvement and evolution
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills