Our client provides state-of-the-art electronic assemblies, systems and software to the US military. This advanced instrumentation and control systems are not only used in Navy propulsion systems but provide sophisticated monitoring systems for industrial applications. They are looking for a Test Technician to join the team in East Farmingdale. NY! We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: East Farmingdale, NY (Onsite required)
Type: Direct hire
As a Test Technician you will perform testing and troubleshooting of microprocessor-based data collection systems. We need you to have knowledge of digital and analog electronics, and be familiar with PC’s along with general test equipment. It would be great if you have experience in programming memory devices.
- Document evaluation of circuit card or electronic cabinet test failures and identify cause of failure.
- Work with established test procedures and performs calibration of measuring and testing equipment.
- Work with established test procedures and document results
- May assist with development of test specifications, methods and procedures.
- Identify methods to improve test efficiency.
- May prepare technical reports and product verification documentation summarizing findings and recommending solutions to a wide variety of technical problems.
- Must be able to interpret electrical schematics and drawings.
- Work with PC based test software
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar test role
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Moderate programming skills using PC software
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in defense electronics preferred
- Must be a US citizen
- Existing Security Clearance is desired, but not mandatory. If offered position, obtaining security clearance is mandatory.
- Business travel required