Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
We are the world leader in miniature Radio and GPS tracking systems. Our products protect the lives of loved ones and track things that matter in consumer, business, and government spaces. Vertically integrated, we design, engineer, manufacture, market, and service our own products, providing highly integrated user experience, and peerless performance in our tracking equipment. We seek a senior embedded systems engineer to join us in developing best in breed GPS tracking products in consumer, lifesaving, animal tracking, and military spaces. If you are interested in this role, please do reach out! We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Creating efficient modular code for ARM based systems
- Specialization in RTOS / Multithreaded environments
- Work on tightly integrated hardware platforms
This position is based out of our Salt Lake, UT headquarters. The position is predominantly an in-person position. The embedded systems team is responsible for architecting, developing, and verifying firmware for GPS tracking products. The team works closely with electrical & hardware engineers, app developers, as well as end users to deliver highly refined products on a rapid development schedule. Team members are expected to be intellectually curious and learn from other associates in and outside of their own discipline. Successful applicants will take responsibility for the development and testing of mission-critical systems as part of a close-knit group of exceptional engineers.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
· 10+ years of experience writing embedded software in embedded C
· 3+ years developing software for the ARM MCUs
- RTOS – adept in creating thread safe drivers and tasks
- Experience using logic analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Passionate about problem solving skills
- Loves to work in a team and can also work independently
- Working knowledge of hardware level software development, including use of timers, interrupts, watchdogs, and hardware peripherals buses (SPI, I2C, UART).
Knock our Socks off
- Experience with low power wireless, and mesh networks
- Wireless protocol experience, Link and Application Layer
- Understanding of OTA Networking architecture (CDMA, TDMA), and network traffic scheduling and prioritization
- Bootloader and FOTA experience
- PC Software development with Python, C#
- Hardware and Software encryption techniques (AES, DES, etc) including key handling and sharing up to FIPS 140
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.