Senior Technology Project Manager
We are seeking a Senior Technology Project Manager for a 9-12 months assignment that could even be longer! If you are interested in working for an organization where you will be taken great care of, have job stability, and things of that nature, then please read on! Apply today if you’d like to play a pivotal role in helping manage our projects to completion. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.
Individuals may be assigned to a variety of different areas and projects, including the Technology, Training and Continuous Improvement Division as well as other projects and may be responsible for interfacing with vendor project managers, internal staff, senior management, and internal customers.
Ideally you would possess the following characteristics:
Leadership: proven knowledge and experience in leading and coordinating assigned project staff, overseeing the work of vendor consultants, and managing and developing budgets, work plans, and timelines using the best practices outlined in the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Book of Knowledge.
Management: Proven knowledge and experience in managing the implementation of a large and complex commercial off the shelf (COTS) software system impacting multiple agencies, employees, and community stakeholders.
Strategic Planning: proven ability in guiding organizational change associated with the development and implementation of a large and complex technology system project impacting multiple government entities, employees and community stakeholders
Critical/Analytical Thinking: Proven experience using critical thinking skills and strategies to evaluate information, understand problems and develop appropriate solutions.
Communication: Excellence in communication, including the ability to develop and implement an effective communication strategy addressing the needs of the public, diverse stakeholder groups bureau directors to include internal and external customers.
Diversity: A demonstrated track record in building diverse teams and maintaining a professional and respectful work environment.
The ability to use Smartsheet and Jira: Demonstrated ability to use Smartsheet, Jira and other project management tools and techniques to ensure project is completed on time, within budget, and meet customer and business user needs.
The ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with commissioners, bureau directors, managers, elected and appointed officials of other governmental agencies, employees, business and community leaders, and others encountered in the course of work. Candidate should possess the skills to work collaboratively within the organization and other agencies to enhance service delivery. This will require the successful candidate to be dynamic, open to new ideas and be a strategic thinker.
· Minimum of 5 years technical project manager experience
· 4-6 years of technical project management experience managing large/complex IT software development or software implementation projects
· Significant experience with day-to-day leadership of large software development / implementation projects in an enterprise environment involving mission critical services
· Experience managing budget, resource requirements and allocation, project scheduling and monitoring.
· Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and relationship management skills.
· Well-versed in managing projects in a matrix organization.
· Experience in managing throughout the entire project lifecycle (technology and application discovery, migration design, and execution, adhering to best practices, standards, and framework for enterprise IT project delivery)
· Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
· Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
· Experience in daily operational activities of IT/software development projects
· Self-starter, strong organizational and task management skills
· Strong experience with establishing and managing project schedules in Smartshee