Our client is looking for a Data Excellence Manager. This new data excellence manager will lead a team that makes the company’s data excellent, including the creation of data products, designing data architecture, and directing data operations. We’re looking for someone with demonstrated leadership experience in data operations and/or data management. While technical expertise is important, proven capabilities in leadership, influence, and communication will be the key success factors in our new data excellence leader. Does this sound like you? We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.
Location: Remote US (Except: Hawaii, Indiana, California, New York, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, Tennessee, or Connecticut)
- Set clear direction and objectives that are aligned with company vision and mission. Drive employee engagement and team effectiveness through effective communication and by creating and maintaining an environment where individuals are empowered, motivated, and where the importance of collaboration within and across divisions / teams is fully understood and encouraged. Recognize individual differences while focusing on team cohesion. Develop and sustain an inclusive collaborative team environment to support diverse team members throughout the analytics and data department, the information technology division, and across the company.
- From data to decision: lead company data program, the team responsible for ensuring that high-quality, low-defect data is easily accessible to help enable data-informed decision-making by employees.
- Data as a Product (DaaP): manage company data assets using product management best practices, focused on value creation and delivery with clearly defined scope and specific requirements.
- Lead company on its data architecture and data engineering maturation journey, including modernizing data architecture to include a data lake and/or data lakehouse that will enable data governance at scale and the volume, velocity, and variety of data required for data science and machine learning insights to be developed at scale.
- Collaborate with architecture team to develop a roadmap for data interoperability, including internal interoperability between platforms as well as enabling data interoperability outside (medical providers, policyholders, agents) in the future by leveraging industry-accepted standards.
- Cross-reference scope and requirements across multiple requests to ensure that solutions are additive, non-redundant, and result in a coherent user experience.
- Sustain data accessibility by managing the team that maintains corporate reports and by continuing to expand the availability of high-quality data within self-service business intelligence platform(s). Ensure team coverage in resolving complex production issues and deploying preventive measures to maintain reporting processes.
- Proactively reduce rate of data errors using standardized workflows that include responsibilities not only within the Data Excellence team but also responsibilities and accountabilities by partner teams both within and outside of IT.
- Eight or more years of experience in information technology, analytics, strategy, business intelligence, product management, or management consulting, including five years of experience leading data architecture, data engineering.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) strongly preferred. Experience with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Snowflake, Informatica, and dbt preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or other technical degree is preferred.