Our partner is a world leader in transportation equipment, leasing and asset management. We are in need of an outstanding X++ / Dynamics 365, & .Net Software Developer to join this collaborative team. To get onboard with this great company and work for a truly wonderful person please apply. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Type: Perm F/T
The Senior Dynamics 365 Software Engineer is responsible for software design, implementation, testing, support, and maintenance of D365 and other custom software Applications. This role partners with other Teams including ERP Support, Infrastructure/Ops, Security, and the IT Programs Team. As a key member of the Software Engineering Team, the Senior Software Engineer communicates and collaborates with IT at all levels, including details and risks around effort, resources, and deliverables.
This position will have a hands-on development experience with D365 and delivering software Applications with a drive and passion for exceeding business expectations of quality and continuous improvements. This role involves exercising good judgment, demonstrating initiative, and engineering applications with an appropriate sense of urgency and following outlined approaches.
Duties And Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Reviews, recommends, and contributes to the implementation of D365 and other technology-based solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Participates in requirements gathering and technical design discussions to meet business needs.
- Translates customer and business needs into detailed technical requirements for implementation.
- Aligns with business analysts and project managers on success criteria and value
- Hands-on development of Dynamics 365 and .NET solutions for various business units.
- Works closely with others to assist and resolve production issues.
- Directs contribution to testing including unit, integration, system, and UAT testing efforts.
- Supports a culture of quality, drive for results, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Contributes to the evaluation of technical debt and prioritize where and how it must be addressed while considering cost.
- Troubleshoots D365 customizations, existing non-D365 custom Applications, and resolves integration issues with off-the-shelf software Applications.
The following generally describes requirements to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- BA or BS Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience in Software Engineering and Development.
- Hands-on AX2012 or D365 development experience.
- Proficient with Application development life cycle and software development methodologies including Scrum.
- Ability to make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs, and work in other areas of our codebase with guidance.
- Proficiency with Azure DevOps, CI/CD, and pipelines.
- Ability to identify, plan, start and complete projects or other work that needs to be accomplished.
- Ability to meet and exceed commitments.
- Proficiency with the following Microsoft technologies: Visual Studio, X++, .NET, T-SQL, and SSRS
- Ability to collaborate and communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.