Senior Systems Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our highly technical team of engineers that includes systems and specialty engineering groups. You will be a highly enthusiastic engineering professional with an open mind to technical and organizational direction. This technical team of engineers includes systems and specialty engineering groups. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Our client is looking for a Senior System Engineer for their Integrated Systems business unit which is part of the Defense Solutions division. Located in Santa Clarita, this unit was established in 1985 as the center of excellence for hardware-level system integration and advanced package design. Integrated Systems’ primary focus is understanding the technical challenges the customers face and creating partnerships in order to provide high technology readiness level (TRL) solutions.
- Provide multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Provide system architecture definition based on required functionality.
- Develop and maintain system requirement specifications and system interface design documents, i.e.. ICDs, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports and support the development of SRS and HRS documents.
- Participate in all system and subsystem hardware and hardware/software integration and acceptance testing.
- Support development for system, hardware and software requirements and design to assure system requirements are met.
- Perform/coordinate various analyses in support of detailed design of components, major assemblies, software and systems.
- Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses.
- Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Computer Science or related field (EE preferred)
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Able to thrive amongst a group of highly technical of engineers
- Experience working with VPX systems
- Excellent ability to understand, breakdown and analyze system level requirements
- Strong understanding of system engineering concepts and systematic problem-solving skills
- Well versed in the latest rugged/embedded technologies commonly utilized in the defense/aerospace industry
- Able to quickly and effectively resolve complex engineering problems
- Solid communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to think outside the box and systematically deal with highly dynamic engineering situations
- Strong debug/integration/troubleshooting experience — act as a leader and a sounding board for the department
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite