Our client is in search of a new Solutions Architect III for their digital solutions team. This experienced technical leader will help enhance the design, development, and delivery of products and services that customers use every day. As a new solutions architect, you will create technology roadmaps that align with product deliverables, identify technical gaps, weaknesses, and dependencies, and enhance the development process. You’ll also advocate for and help lead innovation initiatives and technical migration plans, integrating enterprise strategies for the modernization, scalability, and maintenance. As a technology leader, you’ll provide guidance and hands-on support to development teams throughout the software development lifecycle. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.
Location: Remote (not able to accept candidates from Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, Tennessee, or Connecticut)
While we have been providing the same excellent service to customers for over 100 years, the way that customers engage with and receive that service has changed. Like most businesses, the company is increasingly focused on delivering services digitally. And the quality of our service is intrinsically tied to the advancement of our broader digital customer experience.
If you’d like to join a cross-functional development team that is people focused, a company that prides itself on more than 100 years of excellent customer service, as well as enjoy flexible and remote work opportunities, apply today.
- Champion a holistic approach to application development for the program, maintaining architectural standards and practices in close coordination with the development team, IT partners, and program managers.
- Create program development and technology roadmaps, identifying technical gaps, weaknesses, and dependencies, and help provide clarity in sequencing of development efforts.
- Advocate and help lead program technology innovation initiatives and migration plans, integrating enterprise strategies for the modernization of applications, system scalability, and long-term maintenance.
- Research, investigate, and evaluate emerging technologies, recommending new technical approaches that support program business objectives and customer experience initiatives that adhere to enterprise architecture standards.
- Coordinate and collaborate with enterprise architecture and architecture leaders, ensuring that program technology and architecture strategy and direction aligns with enterprise architecture vision.
- Collaborate and consult with development team members and IT technical leaders to assess current state architecture, performing feasibility analysis on potential future technology solutions, validating design and enterprise compatibility.
- Partnering with other IT teams, formulate and conduct proofs-of-concept validating proposed solutions, performing design, debugging, and performance analysis.
- Participate in selecting frameworks, platforms, and technology stacks aligned with enterprise architecture and strategic objectives, including procurement initiatives to license third party software and solutions.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and hands-on support to development teams throughout the software development lifecycle, designing, developing, and validating solution plans, performing troubleshooting activities to resolve issues, assisting in the translation of business requirements, and advocating best practices and standards.
- Contribute to QA strategy including ensuring appropriate standards are set and test automation approach adheres to architecture strategy.
- Facilitate design and technical discussions, reconciling differing perspectives, and drive the decision-making process.
- Explore diverse perspectives and consistently behave sensitively toward differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds, and/or work styles.
- Continually sustain the Inclusive Leadership Competencies (ILC) through the Explorer level on an annual basis.
- Full stack development (web/client, middle tier, and database/backend)
- Significant .NET Web development
- Significant experience in CI/CD and pipelines, especially GIT and AzDO
- Solid understanding of web security, Oauth/OIDC, Okta
- Solid understanding of test-driven development, and general understanding of testing practices
- Experience: Five or more years of proven experience in engineering and software architecture design. Strong organizational and leadership skills operating in a variety of development frameworks. Strong communication skills working across business and architecture functional areas. Working knowledge of cloud technology and services is desired.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field is preferred. Architecture-focused certifications such as AWS solutions architect associate or professional, Microsoft Certified Azure solutions architect, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Expert (MCSE).