Our client works with Civil Engineers, architects, and surveying professionals to create a multitude of projects in the Oregon community. They are looking for a patient, respectful, customer-focused IT Support Specialist who knows how to treat people well. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Location: Hybrid-in Portland, OR office and remote
IT Support Specialist
Seeking an IT Support Specialist for our Portland Civil + Survey office. This position reports to the IT Manager and will support a total of 95 staff in Portland, Eugene, Seattle, and Washington, DC.
The position is based in Portland but may require occasional travel to the Eugene office.
This is a position that involves all aspects of IT in a Windows environment:
Desktop support, PC moves/adds, evaluation and rollout of new technologies, documentation, network expansion/redesign, VoIP, and of course troubleshooting.
While the position will involve mostly end-user desktop hardware and software support, you will also have an opportunity to utilize and expand your skills in Windows network administration, Microsoft 365, TCP/IP, VPNs, VoIP, video conferencing, WANs, security, network design, and problem solving.
On a rare occasion, you may be asked to work after hours. Some additional hours may be requested based on project or vacation schedules. On-call after hours support may occasionally be necessary.
Responsibilities-Provide effective IT support services including but not limited to:
- Oversee employee onboarding and offboarding
- Troubleshoot and resolve various software, hardware, and infrastructure issues
- Perform daily system checks across local infrastructure and provide reporting as required
- Assist in both planning and execution of local and global IT projects as assigned
- Develop written processes, procedures, technical diagrams, and various technical documentation
- Monitor, maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot site LAN/WAN based networks
- Implement and enforce IT security and compliance policies as directed by management
- Assist in the planning, deployment, and testing of local site backup and disaster recovery technologies
- Suggest improvements to existing network and application design to increase availability of services
- Manage inventory and lifecycle of all regionally located hardware and software systems
- Collaborate with IT team to develop and implement business process improvements
- Communicate with all levels of organization to identify business challenges and define requirements
- Excellent desktop support demeanor – must be patient, polite and helpful, as well as listen and communicate well; must consistently follow up to resolve issues to completion — a good sense of humor is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and a desire to improve processes, document procedures, and describe fixes to non-technical staff
- 2+ years direct experience in a help desk position; familiarity with, and interest in, TCP/IP networking, virtualization, servers/storage, enterprise applications, SaaS/Cloud, backup/DR, and security/compliance is desired
- Experience with Microsoft 365 applications; Microsoft Intune experience is highly desired
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration (Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP)