Our client is seeking a Cloud Solutions Engineer/M365 Administrator who will be the resident expert for Microsoft 365 enterprise administration. You will primarily manage Exchange Online, Intune, and Azure. Experience in other M365 platforms, like Powershell, Graph, Teams, OneDrive would be a benefit. You’ll use your strong hands-on experience with implementing and administering Microsoft cloud technologies in a hybrid environment. And you must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to provide day-to-day assistance for teams with their Microsoft 365 needs. If you have at least five years of experience with Exchange online, Intune, and other Microsoft cloud technologies – and your head is usually in the cloud, we hope you apply. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.
Location: Remote, Oregon (This position allows you to work remotely, with an infrequent need to come into the Salem office).
- Lead complex hybrid and cloud technology projects utilizing project management best practices. Determine resource, technical and security requirements, collaborate with project stakeholders, support the selection of project participants, identify barriers, establish objectives, prepare action plans, and target areas for implementation. Conduct follow up reviews to evaluate success.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement enterprise hybrid, cloud and mobile technology solutions to meet current and future business needs, for remote and onsite work environments. Define business, technical and security requirements. Architect technical implementations to meet those needs appropriately.
- Perform technical troubleshooting, resolving issues in a timely manner and communicating status to colleagues, customers, and vendors. Track and report on problem status in a timely manner to stakeholders.
- Manage transition and engage other technical teams to facilitate assumption of long-term support, maintenance, and development of implemented enterprise solutions. Support technology solution transition by providing training and documentation to other technical staff and business partners as necessary. Work together with teams and business partners using appropriate collaboration and virtual technologies.
- Monitor resource utilization, tune system and applications to optimal performance, and prepare application environments as necessary for implementation and hand-off to solution owners.
- Create, implement, and document frameworks, shared libraries, and other foundational components that support technical architecture.
- Lead continual improvement initiatives with focus on process, people, and technology. Lead peers in staying solutions focused when problem solving with incomplete data.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal & communication skills when working with partners, users, and other IT teams. Guide and coach peers when navigating complex interpersonal tasks.
- Maintain strong understanding and ensure team adherence to IT service management processes and best practices (ITSM/ITIL). Lead and improve team procedures that interface with divisions service management processes and ensure that KPIs are met.
- Explore diverse perspectives and consistently behave sensitively toward differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds, and/or work styles.
- Continually sustain the Inclusive Leadership Certification (ILC) through the Explorer level on an annual basis.
- Five or more years of hybrid and cloud technologies integration, migration and deployment experience, demonstrating the ability to design and implement new system infrastructures and applications is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field is preferred.