Our client is a global technology company delivering point of service solutions that are transforming how the largest retailers, governments, and banks throughout the world engage and interact with their customers. They are looking for a QA Lead/Group Manager. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Location: Boston, MA (Onsite 3-4 days a week)
We are transforming postal and courier operations worldwide, enabling posts to engage today’s digitally savvy customers across all points of engagement. With our unique, purpose-built customer engagement platform, posts drive superior customer experience, with greater speed and better economics.
The QA Lead / Group Manager is responsible for the successful management and delivery of QA activities for the QA team. You will be actively involved in leading the team, recruiting and onboarding new team members while being an active participant in testing activities. You will also be responsible for reporting status of activities to management while becoming an active link to other QA groups within and outside of Escher.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead QA/testing team on overall testing activities, approaches, and strategies.
- Establish, maintain, and oversee all aspects of QA processes and methodologies to ensure effectiveness and alignment to industry best practices.
- Prepare and maintain testing documents (test plan, test cases, reports) to ensure full test coverage.
- Able to perform customer demo presentations for project deliverables.
- Ensure proper execution by the testing team on different types of testing (functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, etc.).
- Provide effort and estimates of testing activities required for the projects or deliverables.
- Provide strategic testing initiatives to enhance and improve test productivity.
- Ensure that testing activities remain within agreed scope, schedule, budget, and quality.
- Work with project manager and development team to report and escalate relevant testing issues and challenges that arise during testing activities.
- Work and collaborate with other teams when needed to achieve organizational objectives.
- Contribute to define and enforce best practices for manual and automated testing
- Create, prioritize, assign, and monitor all QA tasks for assigned projects
- Work with QA team to ensure testing process is all-encompassing for assigned projects
- Actively participate in the recruiting process
- Manage the onboarding of new QA members
- Management of timesheets and reviews of assigned team members
- Provide day-to-day functional oversight for direct reports
- Provide formal performance reviews of assigned team members
- Be an agent for change. Foster a culture of learning and growth.
- An IT or related bachelor’s degree qualification with software testing and QA/test team experience.
- Test team management experience
- Able to pass security clearance requirements of client (i.e., must be US citizen or have a green card to pass security clearance).
- Strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with testing of complex enterprise or customer-facing applications preferably on Point-of-Sale (POS) or Post Office services background.
- Familiar with bug tracking tools (JIRA, ALM, Version One), test case tools (X-Ray), continuous integration (Bamboo), source control (SharePoint) and VMWare.
- Knowledge of xml.
- Testing experiences on webservices, batch/extract file processing, point-of-sale.
- Experience with automation test tools and programming (e.g., Selenium, WinAppDriver, Python) and designing or creating test frameworks.
- Expert knowledge of quality improvement, quality process, QA methodologies and best practices.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Must be US citizen or have a green card
- Must be able to pass government security clearance requirements