Principal/Staff Software Engineer
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven healthcare technology startup. We have a disruptive AI data analytics and clinical intelligence platform that is offering a new paradigm in diagnosing, treating, and caring for patients with brain and mental health disorders, including Autism, ADHD, depression, substance abuse, and eating disorders. We are looking for a Staff or Principal level engineer to anchor a new Platform Engineering team. This team will be focused on building the next generation of our backend APIs; reviewing, recommending, and replacing our data model; and working closely with the CTO and Directors of Engineering to define the future of our architecture. Ideally, you’ve got start up experience and have a desire to be part of a fast-growing team. It is important to understand that building for our medical partners requires extra care and the increased responsibility of ensuring every decision reflects this understanding. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
- You have a passion for writing readable, secure, tested code
- You know what works and what doesn’t and can recommend and implement technical changes
- You enjoy working at early stage startups; you can thrive and feel empowered in both unstructured and structured environments
- You strive for perfection but know when to make pragmatic tradeoffs in the interest of progress
- You have a bias for action but understand the value of a written culture in a remote-first world
- You enjoy collaboration and mentoring other engineers
- You are interested in contributing not just to our application but also to building and maintaining infrastructure that supports our development, deployment and monitoring and alerting processes
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial, concurrent, commercial backend systems. Bonus if you have experience using infrastructure as code tools (ex: CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience with Node.js, AWS
- Experience with and understanding of relational and non-relational databases. Bonus if you have experience with DynamoDB or migrating NoSQL data models to SQL
- Experience writing secure / defensive code, including the use of cryptography and https
- You have designed and documented significant applications, features, or systems that involved more than a few engineers in their implementation
- You have a solid understanding of the network and API layer (REST, RPC, HTTP)
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Hybrid Remote Work/Flex Scheduling Environment
- Company Equipment
- Amazing Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, etc.
- Flexible PTO
- Brilliant, hard-working, caring people
- Creativity and ground breaking innovation that will change healthcare!
COVID-19 Vaccination/Testing Requirement: We require employees and anyone visiting our offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against and/or regularly tested for COVID-19