Our client is seeking an excellent Help Desk Tech for a long term contract role. This is a solid mission based company and there are career advancement opportunities here. They are recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon. Our partner looks for people full of passion for solving interesting problems, collaborating, and all around just being a nice person to work with. (The added bonus is this company helps Oregon stay just a little bit greener). If that’s you, please reach out today. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thanks!
Location: Portland, OR (Hybrid, est. 1 day a week)
The Helpdesk Technician’s role is to provide technical and troubleshooting support to our staff, PMCs, and PDCs in need of assistance as well as some systems administration tasks. This includes answering helpdesk phone calls, routing incoming helpdesk requests, troubleshooting, installation, and user account setup process.
This role receives, prioritizes, documents, assigns, and manages the resolution of end user help requests (received via email, ticket tracking system, and phone calls). Some of these requests will be handled entirely by this role; others will require information gathering (screenshots, error messages, etc.) before being escalated to the appropriate IT staff person.
The Helpdesk Technician is also responsible for various tasks including assisting with the inventory of our Trust assets, user account auditing, imaging new workstations, wiping old hard drives, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and user documentation.
· Administer the new user addition, change, and termination process. Configure user accounts properly approved system
· Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous and timely manner. Use our
Helpdesk software to document all problems and resolutions.
· Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
· Prioritize and schedule resolution of problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced next
· Perform functional systems application administration including the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of
various business systems applications.
· Troubleshoot application and workstation issues, engaging the application owners or infrastructure teams as needed.
· Understand the workstation environment including patching, software upgrades, and software roll outs.
· Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
· Support the infrastructure team by performing hands-on fixes at the desktop level.
· Perform preventative maintenance including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, conference room setups, and
· Resolve first level SharePoint Online support issues including sign in resolution, link sharing, and permissions issues.
· Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
· Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
· Assist with hardware inventory database and orderly disposal of deprecated assets.
· Provide other technical and administrative support to operations as requested.
· Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner.
· 2 years of applicable IT work experience – or equivalent- preferred.
· Experience installing and maintaining computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, copiers, and
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including current Windows workstations.
· Ability to support users with the Microsoft Office Suite.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.