Our client provides IT support for the men and women of a local fire district, and they are looking for a service desk specialist to join their team. If you want to join a small tight knit team where your work will directly impact people who serve our communities, then please read on! As part of a small team, this person will be responsible for initial response to end users of various technologies, including conducting initial problem diagnosis, and resolution or escalation to higher tier support. So, if you enjoy working with people and helping others then we want to talk to you. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thanks!
Type: 3 month Contract
Location: Tigard, OR – Onsite with Local Travel
Responsible for initial technical response to personnel of various departments, including conducting initial problem diagnosis, and resolution or escalation to higher tier support.
This role specifically focuses on our portable devices and we are looking for a candidate that has experience with Mobile Device Management, Cell phone/iPhone provisioning, and administrative experience with wireless provider billing.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
· INITIAL RESPONSE: Provides initial response and communication to District personnel with technical problems and questions.
· DIAGNOSIS AND RESOLUTION/ESCALATION: Processes service requests and provides initial response and support to personnel needing technical support. Escalates requests to Communications and IT technical staff when necessary.
· DOCUMENTATION: Creates service requests and clearly documents detailed troubleshooting steps taken to identify or resolve issues. Maintains internal department and organization-facing troubleshooting guides. Ensures proper documentation of department records, including troubleshooting guides and procedures, audit activities, and asset management records. Ensures end-user references and self-help materials are updated/maintained.
· DEVICE DEPLOYMENT: Programs and prepares District provided devices for distribution, plans, and executes upgrades, and works with Communications and IT technical staff in troubleshooting and resolving problems with devices. Supports major hardware implementations and upgrades
· SPECIAL PROJECTS AND SYSTEM SUPPORT: Completes special projects and tasks as assigned. Provides ongoing support for non-critical technology systems as assigned.
· Performs hardware and software asset tracking. Manages the proper disposal of decommissioned equipment including recycle or resale through approved channels.
· Interfaces with vendors and contractors as required.
· Ensures efficiencies exist in workflow processes and makes recommendations for improvements as needed.
· Stays current in field of expertise by participating in conferences, seminars, meetings, and other learning and development events; and by monitoring literature in one’s field fo trends and changes occurring.
· Must be prepared to report/remain at work during major emergencies, disasters, and some large emergency exercises with little or no notice. Must be able to meet this requirement without substantial delay by taking appropriate steps for individual and family preparedness.
· May receive assignments well outside of job description or normal chain of command during major emergencies, disasters and some emergency exercises.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associate degree or active enrollment in a degree program in a related field, preferably computer science.
· Two years of experience in a computer support position preferred. Equivalent experience providing relevant technical expertise or customer service will be considered.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is normally performed in an interior office setting separated from operations. Travel is generally limited to other TVF&R offices, though incidental travel to operational sites within the District and sites outside of TVF&R offices may occur in the performance of job duties. Work in this category involves minimal exposure to hazards or adverse environmental conditions.
DELIVERY & RECEIVING
· Other desktop equipment moves
· Lifting potentially up to 50 lbs
· Installing monitor arms
· Large equipment moves
Drive for Results
Decision for Quality
Dealing with Ambiguity
This job description describes the general nature of the work performed by employees assigned to this job class. It contains a list of required responsibilities and duties. It is not intended to be a complete list, and employees assigned to this job class may occasionally be required to perform duties and handle responsibilities that are not specifically addressed in the assigned job description.