Our client is looking for a Senior BSA. This Senior Business Systems Analyst position will assist in identifying technical solutions that support the programs. The Sr BSA works closely with business, IT partners, and vendors to execute new solutions and policies. This BSA will solicit, understand, and document our customer’s business requirements, processes and workflows developing written requirements and process flows. In addition, this position consults with the different departments regarding current and new technology capabilities relevant to functional areas and to develop and improve business processes, support workflow and improve efficiencies. Does this sound like you? Please apply! We value and encourage diversity in the workplace. Women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
This BSA will solicit, understand, and document our customer’s business requirements, processes and workflows developing written requirements and process flows. This position consults with the different departments regarding current and new technology capabilities relevant to functional areas and to develop and improve business processes, support workflow and improve efficiencies.
The BSA provides guidance in the areas of business process modeling, technical requirement, software development, integrated systems, and project management. This position works in coordination with Application Development, Operations and IT management to assure that the solutions designed and built meet business objectives and are technically sound. The position is also responsible for coordinating events and activities with business stakeholders and technical personnel to facilitate identification and documentation of business requirements, as well as for implementation of solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Receives and evaluates incoming project and support requests for information technology and acts as the primary customer interface for evaluation of those requests. Gathers and documents requirements to support requests.
- Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows, business needs, integrations, and data requirements.
- Organizes, leads, and participates in work sessions and follow-up activities to support the gathering and documentation of solution requirements as needed.
- Work with Development, SQA, and end users to configure, communicate, verify, and test desired changes.
- Provide production support, includes troubleshooting support issues, system configurations, and updating data.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
- Provides oversight with design specifications, workflows, requirements gathering, and technical deliverables of projects managed by other team members.
- Serve as a liaison between IT Development, outside vendors, business staff, and other stakeholders and partners.
- Advocates for process improvements within assigned areas.
- Develop and maintain understanding of internal and third-party applications for assigned areas, includes knowledge of roadmaps as related to business.
- Provides project management for assigned projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor and train other BSAs, contractors, or staff as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT), Business, or closely related field.
- Ten years of experience in business systems analysis.
- Experience with complex server and cloud-based projects.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Experience gathering and managing business requirements, technical requirements, and system design.
- Ability to write SQL to self-serve for data analysis.
- Knowledge of business process improvement best practices, principles, and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technology and provide alternative solutions as needed.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to translate user requirements into system specifications.
- Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Advanced skills with Jira, or a similar ticketing system preferred.