Our client is seeking a Sr. Backend Developer with a Ruby background. In this role, you’ll be working with a small and passionate team to lead the backend team as they solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space. In this role, you’ll be working to evolve and maintain the API and other backend systems. We are looking for people full of passion for solving interesting problems, collaborating, and all around just being a nice person to work with. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thanks!
Looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Play to win — We want to bring on team members who have a winning attitude and a willingness to think outside the box to get things done.
- Work closely with our web and mobile developers on the implementation of new product features
- Work with external/third party teams to build, debug, and maintain integrations
- Collaborate on API design and architecture decisions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot backend issues in production
- Maintain integrations with external services, such as Stripe, Iterable, Amplitude, Mapbox, and our campground partners
- Update and maintain existing API functionality
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the solution
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ years of backend development experience on production applications
- Experience with integrating with third party APIs and Webhooks
- A strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and design
- Relational database skills — we use PostgreSQL views, triggers, and functions
- Familiarity with MVC, API & data mocking, ORM, and RESTful APIs