Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer with AWS experience. They combine big data with the world’s leading team of experts skilled in highly regulated and complex sectors, including pharmaceuticals, laundering detection, and online gambling in an effort to keep the internet safe. If you are seeking a dynamic and mission-based workplace, this is where you belong. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Type: Perm F/T
As part of this small and collaborative DevOps team, you will focus on building the systems and infrastructure that support the organization’s day-to-day work, as well as the company’s core mission. Partnering with all internal teams, you will ensure our systems lead the industry and help companies of all sizes keep their services legal and safe for consumers.
We encourage creativity in describing your experience and look forward to reading your cover letter. We want to hear why you are passionate about a career in DevOps.
What You’ll Do:
- Deploying, maintaining, upgrading, monitoring, and patching our AWS cloud infrastructure that support business and engineering needs
- Leveraging infrastructure as code to streamline features and functionality out to internal and external facing environments
- Building continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines as well as providing frameworks and best practices around CI/CD to development teams
- Automating and administering data backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Continual monitoring of industry best practices applying learnings and continuous improvement to evolve our SDLC
- Guiding and performing security activities such as risk assessments, application vulnerability testing, code review and static and dynamic code testing to identify and solve vulnerabilities
What You’ll Bring:
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience or 4+ for a Senior role
- Have working knowledge of a variety of programming languages e.g. Python, TypeScript,
Puppet, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Be passionate and excited about embracing new technologies
- Collaborate with the existing DevOps and development teams to embrace infrastructure as code
- and augment a robust and scalable system
- Embrace continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Enjoy working in the AWS ecosystem and be prepared to demonstrate this with appropriate AWS certifications or the excitement to obtain them.
- Have technical understanding of techniques, standards, and security around the SDLC
- Have experience building Docker images and orchestrating containers with tools like AWS ECS, Kubernetes, and Nomad
- Demonstrate AWS knowledge with appropriate AWS certifications.
- Involved in incident response or system failure investigations.
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in our client’s mission and can contribute to their team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
In addition to competitive salaries, full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package:
Multiple Medical plans (one with $0 employee premium option), Dental & Vision plans
401k with company match and immediate vesting
Generous paid time off package and 11 paid holidays
Volunteer time off
And much more!