Our fun & fast growing client is looking for a passionate and senior Software QA Lead. They are a start-up in the collectables eCommerce space and their culture highly values their employees. Further, we value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Our continued growth has brought us a unique opportunity to join our team as our QA Lead. This role will be vital to our continued growth as it will support our Development Team. Reporting to the Development Director, the QA Lead will have experience in software testing strategies, test automation and team leadership. The ideal candidate will lead the QA team to test our products and drive test automation. The QA Lead will also champion QA to the organization. The successful candidate will also be a tester that ensures the QA team’s success by example. This position is remote within the USA, with expectations to come into the office ad hoc for trainings, meetings, and company events.
Day in the life
- Lead the QA team in test case generation, validating new features, regressing the solutions, etc.
- Be responsible for the distribution of work on the QA team and integration with the Scrum teams. Represent QA within the development organization
- Lead the QA team in test automation best practices and principles
- Provide test automation vision
- Work with management to ensure that the overall business objectives are being met by the QA team
- Interface with other company teams and managers as the QA representative
- Identifies and sets appropriate quality standards and parameters for products
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, particularly when problems recur in multiple products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues
- Additional duties as assigned
- BS/BA in technical field
- Five to ten years testing ecommerce other web and mobile based software
- Demonstrated experience leading a QA team
- Demonstrated experience with test automation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Scrum and other SDLC methodologies
- Jira experience highly desirable
- Proven ability to function in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
We offer generous benefits including, but not limited to: 401(k), 401(k) matching, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee assistance program, flexible schedule, health insurance, life insurance, paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe in second chance employment. Must be able to pass relevant criminal background check if offered the job.