We have a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineering Supervisor to join our client’s growing team! As the Quality Assurance Engineering Supervisor, you are responsible for carrying out the vision for the department by aligning ongoing tasks, projects, procedures, and reports out metrics to leadership. In addition, you will interface with customers, vendors, and various other departments to resolve issues and to participate in audits. Along with supporting production, the Quality Assurance Engineering Supervisor shall engage in continuous improvement projects to improve aspects of the quality management system. As the Quality Assurance Engineering Supervisor, you are a key member of the quality department. You will support the quality assurance engineers with the design, implementation, and maintenance of quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished goods inventory. You will be required to oversee the workload and the scope of activities for the quality assurance engineering team members. Additionally, you will also be tasked to monitor and mitigate the gaps within the team skillsets. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace, and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
This role is a working level supervisor. Your time will be balanced between your supervisory duties and providing high level quality engineering support to critical programs.
- Support quality engineering who provides product and process support on programs that are in various lifecycle phases.
- Support quality compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of the functional responsibility for the department.
- Serve as the point of escalation for Quality Assurance Engineering Maintain training and development plans in accordance with the Quality Assurance Engineering’s Skill Matrix and proposes updates as new training needs are identified.
- Plan daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly actions for the team.
- Responsible for planning and implementing quality assurance programs with the Quality Assurance Engineers. This includes but is not limited to: Define and develop quality inspection plans for receiving, in-process and final inspection in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and various company departments to resolve quality problems and provide information.
- Analyze and implement countermeasures on trending defects Quality Assurance systems, methods, and procedures
- Compile and present quality assurance data packages and articles for customer/government Issue, review, and respond to corrective action requests
- Creates, reviews, and approves First Article Reports per AS9102
- Review and approve drawings, specifications, procedures, contracts, and similar documents related to assigned programs.
- Facilitates Corrective Action Board meetings Participate and lead internal and external audits, surveillances, and inspections.
- Provide technical support to quality engineering, inspectors, and operations.
- Assist other departments as necessary in establishing standards relative to ensuring product quality.
- Work to develop and implement improvement projects to design and re-engineer quality techniques and processes that impact cost, time, and quality objectives.
- Degree in related field
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working in a regulated setting with government oversight
- Experience with AS9100 and AS9102, and Root Cause/Corrective Action techniques and methodology
- Minimum 5-8 years related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office business applications
- Strong skills in planning, problem solving, analysis, and research
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Project management and team leadership skills and experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadline requirements with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; with a focus on team leadership
- Experience working in an ESD controlled environment