Our well-established auto industry partner is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to be a part of their internal Greenfield Digital Innovation Team. This company is one of the largest personal transportation solutions in the United States and is one of the fastest-growing companies in the Fortune 500. If you want to manage a team of amazing developers in the auto industry and have truly inspirational leaders who are dialed into supporting their teams, this is the place for you. Your passion and drive will stand out in this innovative and team focused environment. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Perm
Location: Tigard, OR (Hybrid WFH)
- Lead a team of up 6-8 other engineers with the full support of the Engineering Organization
- Own engineering operations within your team, in an agile framework
- Grow and Mentor team through 1×1’s, brown bags and other learning opportunities
- Enable developer productivity by unblocking and clearing the way
- Deliver your team’s high quality code and releases
- Collaborate with Product, Technology, and Design leads to drive business outcomes
- Provides input on level of effort and risks to inform project scope
- Develop your team member’s career path and goals
- 2+ year’s experience managing or leading software engineers in some form of Agile
- 3+ year’s experience shipping and supporting high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment
- Excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- A background and Expert understanding of HTTP, web application architecture, scalability, performance optimization, reliability, deployment, monitoring, security
- Technology: React, Redux, Node, Cosmos, Docker, Azure, and more. Hands on coding is not required but a strong background in coding is required.
- If you are a strong team lead now and wanting to move into a manager role- you could be considered
- Emotional Intelligence, Critical Thinking, Active Listening, & Problem-Solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency, excellent communication skills, & prioritize workload//time management skills.