Our client is seeking a strong .Net Software Engineer. This is a solid mission based company and there are career advancement opportunities here. They are recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon. Our partner looks for people full of passion for solving interesting problems, collaborating, and all around just being a nice person to work with. If that’s you, please reach out today. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thanks!
Type: Contract to Hire
Location: Remote US
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Software Developer manages the development and deployment of data processing systems and interfaces to support the business process. This position will act with autonomy developing software on complex projects with multiple technology stacks. They will be contributing to technical decisions, writing code and documentation for our software, performing unit automated integration testing, and providing technical mentorship for the work of associate software developers on the Information Technology team.
This individual works as part of the IT team and uses proven management, analytic, technical, communication and collaborative problem-solving skills to help maximize the capabilities and use of the Energy Trust’s business system. This role serves as an integral part of the IT Department and, as such, may be called upon to perform other IT duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop complex software involving all technical aspects of a solution including user interface, business rules, integrations, and database modeling, design & implementation.
- Using industry best practices create technical designs and influence technical architecture in collaboration with the team, considering current and future applications.
- Provide vision and guide application design using a service based, loosely coupled approach with business objects and integrations that are highly re-usable.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of relevant technology and understanding of emerging technologies.
- Make recommendations for how best to leverage Microsoft technologies within the architecture.
- Serve as development DBA including technical leadership for database architecture and SQL development, in collaboration with production DBA’s
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Participate in sizing of user requests and planning for sprints as part of the Agile development process
- Code and test of new system functionality following established standards and procedures, with deliverables to include code builds and appropriate documentation.
- Build and coordinate production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Participate in internal testing to identify problems early, perform error and stress scenarios.
- Identify and recommend refactoring opportunities where increased automation, performance enhancements, application enhancements and quality enhancements may be incorporated.
- Respond to end user issues and find solutions within the prioritization framework.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- Minimum 4 years of development experience throughout the full software development lifecycle.
- 5 years of IT experience.
- Proficiency in the .NET framework and Visual Studio development environment.
- Experience in web architecture and web services technologies.
- MS SQL Server database administration and T-SQL programming experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the ability to document work for easy understanding.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
- Experience in an Agile development methodology.
- Might need to be onsite up to 1 time a quarter as needed.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
*This company is a fully vaccinated workplace. This includes all employees and agency contractors. All staff must submit proof of vaccination status or request an exception for health or religious reasons. This requirement applies to all employees, including staff who are working in-office, remotely from home or operating within a hybrid work model.