Do you like to work in an agency setting with fast-projects and a team that is constantly growing and learning more? Our client brings together the best of web and mobile experts to design and build software applications. They are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide and mentor a team of driven developers. If you are a great human interesting in growing a team in a remote setting, please send in your resume. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Remote USA
In this role you will:
- Lead and manage engineers.
- Interface directly with members of our team and client teams.
- Expand upon your skills as a full stack developer, sharing expertise with members of the team, working on a wide variety of client and internal projects.
- Assist with RFP’s, estimation, grooming, and project audits.
- Iterate on internal development best practices and operations.
- Write content based on your learning and experiences.
In order for you to be successful in the role, you must:
- Have 6+ years software development experience, including web and/or mobile development.
- Be committed to developing and growing people and have an established track record of growing engineering teams and leading others.
- Be knowledgeable and curious about software development and demonstrate delivering value in software engineering organizations.
- Ability to draw from past relevant experience to lead and help others on the team.
- Have experience and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with complicated and ambitious business requirements.
- Have professional and/or personal projects to demonstrate your abilities as a developer as well as the areas you’re actively improving upon.
- Be a critical thinker who challenges the status quo. You question the status quo, and you suggest improvements in workflow, scope, or design.
- Be able to prioritize and self-manage. We give all of our employees a lot of autonomy.
- Be eager to coach teams you work with on best practices and approaches.
- Be hungry to level-up your skills and those of your coworkers.
- Be proactive when it comes to identifying and solving problems. Leave things better than you found them.
- Be a strong communicator. You’re adept at collaborating with teammates remotely and comfortable interfacing with clients.
- Be humble and willing to raise your hand to ask for help when you need it.
- Be comfortable and happy working remotely. We’re a distributed team and we allow our employees to work anywhere in the continental US.
It would be nice if you:
- Are involved in your local developer community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Have prior experience or interest speaking at conferences or participating in virtual events.