Our client is one of the industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Matching Business. Your experience as a Backend Software Engineer using Node and AWS, coupled with your out of the box problem solving skills, will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees and believes in strong work-life balance. Further, you would be working with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Location: Full remote for top notch engineer
As an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing and building compelling, web-scale, consumer-facing products.
In this role, you will work with our team of engineers and product managers using cutting edge tools to develop products that are reliable, scalable, and sustainable. You’ll be working with the data from our industry dominant network of brokers and carriers to bring actionable insights to our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build search tools that utilize to provide actionable near-real time results for our customers in the freight industry.
- Work across the stack from raw data to customer-facing APIs
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other team members
The Skills You’ll Need
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a software development role, preferably in a web-scale, consumer facing product role (as opposed to internal users). In this role you will work the full stack, however this particular role will lean more towards backend / middleware.
- Experience with Node.js or Typescript.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or similar cloud technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional programming languages: Java, Kotlin, C++, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.