Our well-established partner is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to be a part of their internal Greenfield Digital Innovation Team. Your passion and drive will stand out in this team focused environment. The DevOps team is responsible for providing automated tools and processes for the engineering team which allow them grow into their processes. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Perm
Location: Portland, OR (partial wfh)
· Collaborate with developers, engineering managers, and the internal team as needed.
· Propel improvements in – automated monitoring & alerting – supporting business
· Make improvements regarding auto-scaling and self-healing for reliability and resiliency
· Deliver cloud infrastructure supporting web and microservice oriented architectures
· Using a GitOps methodology to automate infrastructure as code (IaC)
· Support high-scale, high-performance web applications in a cloud environment that is team first oriented
· Support, pair & mentor peer and less experienced DevOps Engineers
· Have deep emotional intelligence along with excellent non/verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
· 4+ years (Mid-Level) automating the delivery of high-scale, high-performance web applications or similar experience (7+ years for Sr.Level)
· Azure OR other Cloud experience with willingness to learn Azure (Azure, AWS, GCP)
· Build software delivery pipelines in a CI/CD environment
· Experienced at building deploying and monitoring containers and container orchestrators
· Administering Linux operating systems via shell
· Experience delivering relational and non-relational database infrastructure
· Infrastructure operation, monitoring, alerting, including Service Level Indicators/Objectives
· Have successfully supported incident response programs
· SecOps standards and practices
· Advanced experience delivering Infrastructure as Code (IoC) for microservice oriented architectures
· Experience delivering IoC with scalability, reliability, observability and security
Preferred Technical Qualifications
· Expert with Kubernetes automation applying operators & controller pattern
· Knowledge and application of Cloud Security standards and best practices.
· Full understanding and experience with Terraform and Helm (IaC stack)
· Experienced with Service Mesh & Elastic Stack
· Advanced knowledge of and experience with Kubernetes automation applying operators and controller pattern.
· Delivering GitOps & IaC in a Microsoft Azure DevOps environment (preferred)
· Emotional Intelligence, Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving skills
· Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency & excellent communication skills
· Prioritize workload and time management skills