Our client is looking for a Director of Technology to guide their PaaS strategic build-out. With 20 years of success in the industry, they are well established in the market and eager to take the company to the next level. As a key contributor to success, they are searching for an experienced cloud-focused Enterprise PaaS/SaaS technologist who has deep and broad experience with scaling eCommerce solutions on multiple marketplaces. As owner of the technical strategy, they will facilitate the development and adoption of technology choices across all aspects of their platform. They are currently working towards a rapid product transition, offering internal services as a platform. If you’d be interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: 100% remote workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Build relationships across the organization including, Engineering, Business Intelligence, Product, Operations, Accounting, and Finance.
· Identify and prioritize the clean-up of technical debt across the organization.
· Facilitate processes for overall technology development and architecture.
· Develop and manage an organizational technology budget.
· Develop and drive a unified vision of technical tooling across all departments.
· Facilitate, foster, and promote technological innovation and new technology adoption across the organization as necessary.
· Assist in the hiring, retention, and onboarding of engineering department employees, and contractors.
· Coach and provide development opportunities to our 10-person engineering team.
· Serve as an interface to ensure business needs are translated into technically sound solutions.
· Foster cross-functional collaboration between departments to drive focus on both quality and timeliness in the delivery of technical projects throughout the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements
· 6+ years of Engineering Experience
· 3 years of engineering management experience, with a proven track record of designing and executing large scale, complex technical solutions with highly technical teams
· Proven expertise with the development and delivery of PaaS or SaaS solutions
· Ability to clearly communicate and lead discussions around technical strategy, architecture, and engineering principles. Will need to create consensus among passionate stakeholders.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Software development lifecycle management experience
· Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
· Experience working in a DevOps Environment
· Experience with Data Warehousing
· Previous experience with eCommerce Marketplace development such as Amazon, Ebay, etc.
· Experience guiding organizations through growth, change, and evolution
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues
· Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
· Excellent written and verbal communication skill