Are you passionate about modern IT technologies and trends such as private/public clouds, infrastructure-as-code, automation, scale-out storage, network virtualization, behavior analysis based security, and empowering users with experiences that delight? Are you excited about not only reliably delivering technology, but also deeply understanding and leveraging technology for business value? If this describes you, then come join a team that is driven by a vision to modernize and transform IT! Our client has been a pioneer in the medical device industry enhancing the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular disorders. With more than 40 years of experience, their growing success is based on strong core values – innovation, excellence and reliability, thus enabling them to inspire confidence and trust in doctors and patients all over the world. They are looking for a If you desire to work for an organization where you can feel good about the mission and literally saves lives please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Remote, local to Portland area. Mae be back in the office once Covid subsides
The IT Cloud and Automation Engineer will have a track record of defining IT services, developing IT standards, assessing and automating new and existing technical processes, and supporting and delivering projects within a hybrid cloud, 24×7 mission-critical environment. The IT Cloud and Automation Engineer will drive our cloud transformation program forward.
This is a senior level technical position in our IT Service Design and Architecture team. A general aptitude for topics across the IT spectrum is critical.
- Manages projects across multiple IT teams, business units and regions
- Delivers frameworks and solutions for cloud and automation services that improve resource efficiency and SLAs.
- Documents and maintains cloud and automation solution standards and reference designs.
- Collaborates across IT to incorporate and continuously improve service delivery with cloud and automation solutions that provide efficiency and quality improvements.
- Supports introduction of new technologies, services development, and transitions to Service Operations.
- Reports quantitative metrics of service levels and related standards compliance.
- Proven track record of managing and driving strategic global and regional projects with focus on infrastructure transformation
- Experience with structured architectural methodologies and frameworks such as TOGAF.
- Track record of assessing, documenting reference designs, managing, and delivering IT capabilities.
- Experience with multiple project management techniques including Waterfall, Agile, and Kanban.
- Ability to break large projects into smaller executable, operational tasks with committable delivery times.
- Conversant with financial concepts such as Capital Expense, Operational Expense, and amortization.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS (Certifications welcome)
- VMware technologies and validated designs. Includes vSAN, NSX-V, NSX-T, Workspace ONE, and Cloud Foundation/SDDC Manager, vRealize Automation, VMC on AWS, Azure VMware Solution
- Experience with IaaS in Public Cloud Services such as AWS or Azure
- Enterprise Active Directory Design and Integration
- Experience with creation, consumption and monitoring of API’s (REST, SOAP, file based, …)
- Experience with automation mechanisms such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or VMware Orchestrator
- Windows and Linux Server Administration
- Modern network concepts for WAN, LAN, and WLAN implementation and automation. Includes SSL and IPSEC VPNs, MPLS, SD-WAN, NSX, and direct connections to major cloud services.
- Modern storage concepts for distributed application and storage access requirements that come from a multi-cloud environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Splunk for monitoring, visualizations, troubleshooting, and actionable event correlation.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management concepts and integrations.
- Experience with continuous integration and test environments.
- Experience with Atlassian product suite, including JIRA and Confluence
- Database Administration for Oracle and MS SQL
- Proven project management skills (project charters, resource and scope planning, managing technical and non-technical stakeholders, project communication and reporting)
- Experienced with team environment with both individual and shared goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including presentation to customers, peers, and senior/executive management.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Regulatory Compliance experience (FDA, HIPAA, ISO)
- ITIL (experience in ITIL-based environments and/or certification) is a plus
- German language skill is a plus
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration (BA/BS), MBA preferred or relevant experience