Our partner is looking for a talented, dynamic, and innovative engineering leader to join our executive leadership team. The ideal VP of Engineering will still be somewhat hands on. They will manage all aspects of our platform software development, including technology strategy, product delivery, team development, and management of the software development life cycle. The VP of Engineering is expected to have great communication skills and can interact with developers and management. They should be a self-starter and should take initiative when opportunities arise to improve the product quality. If you’re seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Beaverton, OR
What you’ll be doing
· The VP of Engineering is a member of the leadership team and provides expert guidance and counsel on overall technology strategy.
· Has the ability to analyze and problem solve in an agile software environment.
· Develops and implements product roadmap.
· Sets priorities on new product development and extended product features.
· Ability to drive execution of a robust software development life cycle.
· Create a process that includes requirements definition, resources and schedule estimation, sprint execution and develop launch plans.
· Evolve the technical architecture to utilize new SaaS, mobile and other technologies in area involving data privacy integration, data analytics and machine learning.
· Coach, mentor and develop engineer talent and skills.
· Develop and maintain strong technical relationships with our strategic partners.
· Write mobile UI unit tests, mobile automation builds functional UI tests, backend end-to-end integration tests and web UI testing.
· Ensure and lead Azure DevOps best practices, ensuring the availability and security of our services.
· B.S. in Computer Science or a related field (or the equivalent experience of such a degree)
· 10+ years of leading software engineering and product management with high growth software companies
· A minimum of 3 years of engineering leadership experience in a SaaS company
· Deep understanding of encryption algorithms, technologies, and state of art standards
· Proven track record of delivering cloud based native (Microsoft Azure preferred) distributed platforms at scale and meaningful adoption.
· Exposure to the following technologies: .NET Core, C#, jQuery, Angular, Visual Studio Coded UI, Azure DevOps, and/or Amazon Web Services
· Ability to communicate complex problems.
· Strong operational and management skills with a track record of on- time delivery and consistently meeting project deadlines.
· Innovative, passionate people leader able to assess, recruit, develop talent and manage high performance teams.
· Knowledgeable in scalable, multi-tenant SaaS application design principles and relational database architectures
· Deeply familiar with modern cloud technologies: Azure (preferred) or AWS and modern agile development practices, including Azure DevOps.
· Well-versed in Agile software development methodologies, including a strong partnership with product management.
· Experience building zero-knowledge proofs and building zero-trust SaaS platforms is a nice to have.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment of a fast-growing company
· Analytical mindset
· Professional and personal demeanor
· Great communication skills
· Excellent Writing skills