Our client is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. Your iOS mobile experience and leadership will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees and believes in strong work-life balance. Further, you would be working with a small team with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. They are working remotely now, but have a beautiful new office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration-friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in – please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Location-Remote until October. Needs to be local to Portland; after Covid, there will be some work in the office
This mobile engineering team is responsible for delivering customer solutions on iOS and Android platforms that are maintainable, scalable, and of the highest quality.
As a Software Development Team Lead you will have excellent communication skills and the ability to foster collaboration between team members in an Agile Scrum environment. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the team’s technical execution of a software project. In this position you will encourage participation by all team members, facilitate discussions and decisions, and mentor when needed. You will also work closely with product management to understand business needs and help guide projects from conception through implementation.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain native iOS applications written in Swift.
- Foster a team environment that respects individual skills and encourages team members to learn from one another
- Facilitate communication to ensure code consistency
- Provide technical leadership and direction
- Review requirements and estimate their impact on schedule
- Create and maintain documentation for software and team processes
- Help translate business needs and requirements into technical specifications
- Work with other development teams in integrating with components of shared ecosystem
- Provide leadership and input in architectural standards
- Assist in the preparation of project plans and product roadmaps
- Lead and participate in design/code reviews
- Write unit and integration tests
The Skills You’ll Need
- 8+ years of overall experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience in native iOS development, Xcode/Swift 5+
- Experience using SwiftUI interface builder, building adaptive UI using Xcode
- Team lead or management experience a plus
- Experience with Scrum/Agile SDLC
- Experience with Design Principles and Patterns
- Unit testing experience (XCTest, Mocking, Dependency injection)
- Experience with Apple HIG and iOS best practices (iOS UX/UI standards)
- Experience with Rest APIs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline