Our client is a non-profit organization founded to help support one of our most precious workforce commodities: nurses. They are looking for a contract, customer-service oriented IT Help Desk staff to help support hardware, software, network, and technical operations. If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Temp
Location: Mainly remote. For training, 1-2 weeks in office will be required. Normal office work schedule will be in the office approximately one day a week.
Accomplishes all IT operations including computer and network operations and technical support.
- Supports all IT-related needs including specialized applications; network equipment; telephony; computer hardware and software.
- Ensure project schedules are met within time and budgetary constraints.
- Consult with users to define requirements and resolve problems. Evaluate capabilities of available hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots problems and ensures that installed network equipment and personal computers are operating efficiently and effectively. Diagnose problems, evaluate solutions, and coordinate repair efforts.
- Format and rollout new laptops to staff and member
- Performs preventive maintenance and backup, recovery, and documentation functions.
- Answers questions and instruct staff on procedures for utilizing personal computers, applications, and the network.
- Directs and monitors network operations, which may include data and telephony.
- Ability to figure out solutions to complex problems.
- Handle multiple priorities at once, with ability to appropriately triage and manage.
- Raise important questions and problems, formulating them clearly and precisely.
- Gather and assess relevant information, using analysis skills to interpret it effectively.
- Come to well-reasoned conclusions and solutions, testing them against relevant criteria and standards.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with staff and current and prospective members.
- Collaborate with other staff, work with a team.
- Effectively use computer and software applications for data entry and other purposes for extended periods of time.
- Lift 30 pounds within office environment.
- 2-3 years of experience in physical and/or virtual desktop, network, hardware, and software installation and support in a business environment
- A strong need to understand how a system works, why it might not be working, and how it can be corrected (technical curiosity)
- The ability to systematically observe evidence surrounding a problem, formulate potential solutions, critically question the solutions/outcomes, and decide how or whether to proceed (critical thinking in technical troubleshooting)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including tech to non-tech translation. Must be able to effectively and professionally interface across all levels of the organization and external clients.
- Adaptability in a work environment of frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- An ability and desire to learn quickly
- Extensive experience with Windows 7 and Office 2010 or Office 2016
- Experience with Office 365/Exchange Online admin portal
- Experience with SharePoint
- Possess enthusiastic customer service and “client-first” attitude
- Takes ownership for problems (regardless of who created the problem) and pride in follow through to their (properly tested) resolution
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to distill complex technical issues into understandable presentations to non-technical staff or clients
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or certification relevant to databases/networking.