We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated engineering manager to work with our client who is a leader in the audio industry. They create innovate, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. You’ve probably heard their products work in wonders – Airports, arena, courtrooms, Houses of worship, theaters, universities, corporations, and conference centers. This person will help to ensure timely and accurate product delivery of embedded systems-related projects. If you are seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. Send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Perm
Location: Remote, Portland. Once Covid is over, office attendance will be expected with occasional work from home.
The role of the Engineering Manager of Software Applications (EMSA) is to ensure timely and accurate product delivery of software projects and to act as a mentor and guide for individual contributors within the Software Applications Team on matters regarding technology, systems architecture, and development process.
- Create and coordinate project schedules and budgets.
- Drive performance of project team or teams under their purview to deliver the project according to the time and budget constraints.
- Align and navigate technical solutions to the needs and requirements identified by Product Management and to the architectural goals of engineering
- Assist in staffing determination of team members to individual projects.
- Ensure project team members have appropriate project tasks.
- Regularly report project and program progress to PMO office.
- Work with principals, key engineers, and the Platform team to determine architectural standards of technologies and act as a key implementation agent for their creation and maintenance
- Ensure that software development processes are followed consistently according to departmental guidelines
- Work with peer managers to develop effective software development practices to reduce errors and speed up learning and implementation of new functionality over time.
- Employ cooperative and transparent management practices with peers to achieve effective and timely product development outcomes.
- For software projects, derive objectives from product-management originated roadmaps
- Train or arrange for training of teams and direct reports on development practice guidelines.
- Provide guidance to lead personnel and individual contributors within the latitude of established company policies and practices.
- Recommend changes to processes, product roadmaps and establishes procedures to optimize program deliverables.
- Work with peer managers to establish and maintain an appropriate and effective workplace culture
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires evaluation of various factors, including current business and technology trends.
- Follow and recommends changes in processes and operational policies for delivering technical solutions.
- Act as advisor and mentor to subordinates, enabling them to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Provide status reports to the PMO office for projects under supervision.
- Lead a cooperative effort among project members.
- Other duties as assigned by your Manager.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects and staff in a software and/or electronic hardware product engineering environment.
- Excellent organization skills in order to handle multiple simultaneous projects.
- Skills to establish effective relationships with all levels of an organization both internal and external.
- Presentation skills appropriate to deliver project information to executive management and others through the organization.
- Conflict resolution and team motivation skills.
- Proven experience managing products through a new product introduction process, from inception to first-customer-shipment desired.
- Design experience in software, mechanical, or electrical product development role desired.