Our client is looking for a C++/MFC Developer to join their team. They’re a small private company and one of the leaders in the food labeling industry. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of C++, MFC to maintain a legacy Windows desktops app. You will be working extensively with a small team of senior developers. Often people stay here a long time because of the family atmosphere and open management style. If this is the challenge you seek, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Remote. Once Covid is over, there will be options to come into the office, but it won’t be mandatory.
Company Overview- Our client is nationally recognized as the leading developer of nutritional analysis & labeling software and databases for Food Manufacturers, Restaurants, Dieticians, Food Professionals, and other Fortune 100 companies.
Position Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced C++ Developer to both enhance, as well as support and maintain, our suite of highly successful nutrition products. The ideal candidate must be able to quickly analyze current code, project requirements and implement new features independently or with guidance from others on the team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects for existing systems
· Interpret written requirements, design, and technical specification documents
· Investigate, analyze, and document reported defects
· Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses
· Create and maintain technical documentation
The successful candidate must have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems, OR equivalent experience
o Programming software applications for Microsoft Windows
o 3+ years developing applications in C++ with the Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) library
o Developing database applications which utilize SQL, SQL Server, and ADO
A favored candidate will have demonstrable understanding of one or more of the following:
· Object-oriented programming using MFC and C++
· SQL, SQL Server, and ADO experience preferred
· User interface design, including form-style designs (dialog boxes) and graphical designs
· .NET experience, though not required, is definitely a plus
· Technical communication skills
C++, MFC, .NET, SQL, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio, Git, TeamCity, JIRA