We are looking for a Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer but if you are more mid-level with the desire to be a lead/senior over time, then we should talk! Our tech stack is React on the UI and Java/Spring Boot on the backend. Further, the hiring manager is a super awesome guy who is fun and engaging to work for. We would love to talk with you and please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Location: Remote from Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, Arizona, or Texas
About Your Role:
The primary focus of this Senior Software Developer (Full-Stack) is coding creative, scalable distributed software that enhances our products.
You’ll tackle multiple projects with your fellow developers from conception to market release on both new features and new product offerings. Our products are constantly evolving with our client needs – we are not simply maintaining existing products.
While this description is the best guess of HR and your manager at your regular job duties here, your role is so much bigger – ensuring we live our corporate values daily, delighting our clients, and continually delivering products to market.
Top Three Outcomes for Year One:
- Quickly come up to speed on our newest project and technical stack.
- Work with and lead your team in technical solutions to deliver market-leading software.
- Become a knowledge leader in our UI/application tier to drive conversations on upcoming projects and architecture
Day In The Life:
- Analyze, identify and solve highly complex issues in a B2B multi-tenanted SaaS Platform disrupting the travel industry
- Be a team member or lead on a Scrum/Agile software team delivering both UI and Microservices
- Be accountable for technical discovery, solution design, prototyping, implementations
- Evolve our engineering standards, architecture, and processes
- Provide technical mentorship to and fellowship with junior and peer-level engineers.
What You Offer:
- Expertise in React/Redux on the front-end and Java Spring Boot on the back-end. Along with experience with AWS, Microservices, and working in a modern environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Docker, Postgres, NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong principles of object-oriented design patterns and data structures
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in or desire to work in a remote-first workplace
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing Distributed Systems in an Agile SDLC
- Experience working with AWS services (Eg: EC2, S3, Lambda, Fargate, SQS, SNS, Elasticsearch, RDS, and Redshift)
- At least four (4) years of software development experience in Java and Spring Boot
- At least two (2) years of experience developing web UI’s with React/Redux utilizing Immer and Redux Immer as well as Sagas
- Experience serving as technical or team lead a plus