2787 Contract Backend SW Engineer
Location: Local remote
Are you a Backend SW Engineer looking to contribute to a new software application for an upcoming project? This engineer will work under a team lead and software and QA team members to set development goals, write Python, or C++ Linux-based software, and address bugs that exist in the software.
Our client is a leader in the audio industry. They create innovative, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. If you’re seeking an engaging workplace, this is where you belong. If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
• Develop backend software in that communicates with and configures networked audio/media systems running embedded software
• Develop code that responds to RESTful API calls to from clients
• Write Unit tests and document designs and developed software.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
• Python or C++, RESTful server programming
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject or equivalent education and experience.
• Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ work experience Software development engineer
• Methodical approach to problem solving with careful attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently while continuing to meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
• Possesses excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and can work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and diffuse challenging situations using acceptable and appropriate methods.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Remote primarily, but some ability to come to the office to set up and adjust equipment is required.
• Candidate must be willing to comply with workplace safety requirements related to COVID-19, including wearing a mask when in the office and practicing social distancing
• Amount of Travel: none
• Physical requirements: must be able to lift 30 pounds Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled