2786 Contract SQA Engineer
Location: Local Remote
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated software quality assurance contractor to work for our client who is a leader in the audio industry. This company realizes that people are the most important asset. They create innovative, industry-leading products that are just plain cool. If you’re seeking a dynamic and engaging workplace, this is where you belong. If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
Summary: The Software Quality Assurance Engineer SQA) is responsible for testing, integration, and validation of new products. Understanding of Test plans, ability to acquire new technology sets and attention to detail are essential. An SQA is responsible for designing and implementing tests and communicating with development peers launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
• Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
• Test application (GUI) software in conjunction with networked audio/media systems running embedded software
• Test interaction scenarios with finished hardware devices.
• Develop and document strategies for efficient testing of our products.
• Create and execute detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meeting client needs.
• Maintain internal QA-specific information systems to track quality assurance metrics (bug tracking, test servers).
• Verify defect fixes, including regression testing of appropriate related areas.
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ work experience as SQA Engineer
• Methodical approach to problem solving with careful attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently while continuing to meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
• Possesses excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and can work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and diffuse challenging situations using acceptable and appropriate methods.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Remote primarily, but some ability to come to the office to set up and adjust equipment is required.
• Candidate must be willing to comply with workplace safety requirements related to COVID-19, including wearing a mask when in the office and practicing social distancing
• Amount of Travel: none
• Physical requirements: must be able to lift 30 pounds