2785 Sr. Application Engineer
Location: Remote (Portland, Omaha, Dallas preferred)
Our SaaS client, who is a leader in healthcare management software, is looking for a Sr. Application Engineer with experience in ASP.NET Core. The Senior Application Engineer has primary technical responsibility for all system development projects related to development of custom enhancements, interfaces, conversions, reports, production support, and implementation of vendor hot fix and version upgrades. If you’re interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and do know we value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
• Communicates clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication.
• Advanced technical proficiency in core technologies and methodologies used by our products and the team.
• Work with development managers, product managers and other stakeholders to get clarification on business requirements and then implement solutions including code development and design
• Practice test-driven development with regular participation in code reviews and design reviews
• Identify opportunities to improve our development process and system efficiency
• Demonstrated expertise and ability to lead others in Test Driven Development including unit test creation.
• Able to provide technical direction and solutions to peers and leaders.
• Able to coordinate large complex work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, and assisting with resolving issues
• Experience creating and implementing secure, distributed RESTful services in an Event Driven Architecture
• Hands-on experience developing solutions that use modern distributed Software Architecture Patterns (e.g. CQRS/Event Sourcing, Streaming, Microservices, Service Bus, Service Mesh)
• Experience with development, maintenance, and operations of Cloud based solutions, including serverless, application containerization, and cluster orchestration
• Competence with package management tools such as NuGet and npm.
• Expertise in the following frameworks: ASP.NET MVC, .NET 4.6+, .NET Core 2.1.
• Solid understanding of common standards for Authentication and Authorization
• Commercial experience designing cloud-native solutions, Azure preferred.
• Engineering experience building and deploying containerized artifacts to cloud infrastructure
• Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
• Microsoft OS, Cloud & Application ecosystems (Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, Azure etc.)
• Microsoft Development tools (.NET, C#, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps etc.)
• Customer-first mentality; ability to empathize and create customer loyalty.
• Ability to effectively relate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and articulating the business value of a given technical solution
• Experience in scoping, clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
• Critical thinking and complex problem-solving ability required
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to effectively communicate business units, marketing, and engineering departments
• Strong organizational, analytical skills and the ability to work at a highly detailed level
• Ability to lead & mentor others with varying levels of skill and expertise
• 6-8+ years of software development experience required
• BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field.
• Background in healthcare is a plus