2784 Contract Software Development Engineer Test (SDET)/Technical SQA
Location: Beaverton, OR
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, and dedicated contract SDET to work for our client who is a worldwide leader in the audio industry. This SDET is responsible for testing, integration, and validation of new products. Can you use of both automated and manual testing techniques to determine quality? Would you like to be responsible for designing and implementing tests, debugging, and defining corrective actions before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective?
If you’re interested in this role, please do submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
· Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
· Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
· Test application (GUI) software in conjunction with networked audio/media systems running embedded software
· Test interaction scenarios with finished hardware devices.
· Develop and document strategies for efficient testing and debugging of our products.
· Develop software that automatically tests other software using C# or python.
· Create and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
· Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meeting client needs.
· Maintain internal QA-specific information systems to track quality assurance metrics (bug tracking, test servers).
· Verify defect fixes, including regression testing of appropriate related areas.
· Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills: C#, Java, or object-oriented Python programming skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject or equivalent education and experience.
· Around 4 years’ work experience as an SQA Engineer or Software Development Engineer.
-Candidate MUST understand Software Quality assurance techniques. Candidates development-only work experience will not be considered
· Prior AV experience is highly desired as well as digital video.
· Methodical approach to problem solving with careful attention to detail.
· Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently while continuing to meet deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint).
· Possesses excellent verbal and written skills in English.
· Demonstrates excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and is able to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and diffuse challenging situations using acceptable and appropriate methods.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Remote primarily, but some ability to come to the office to set up and adjust equipment is required.
· Candidate must be willing to comply with workplace safety requirements related to COVID-19, including wearing a mask when in the office and practicing social distancing
· Amount of Travel: none
· Physical requirements: must be able to lift 30 pounds