2783 Sr Java Developer
Our client is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. Your experience as a Sr. Java Developer, coupled with your out of the box problem solving skills, will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees and believes in strong work-life balance. Further, you would be working with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in – please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Location: Remote, but Portland area; some work-from-home after Covid
As a Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and supporting some of our most critical systems. Using Java, J2EE, and Spring Boot, you’ll enhance and maintain and perform cloud migrations on the backbone system supporting our entire analytics business.
What You’ll Do
• Work with architecture groups to guide and define the technical direction of new and existing applications and capabilities.
• Coach, mentor, and guide more junior developers to improve development processes and practices.
• Develop software solutions using Java, J2EE, Spring Boot
• Leverage AWS to deliver efficient, cloud-native solutions
• Write unit, integration, and functional tests, and guide others in doing the same
• Document software designs and project tasks
• Participate in design/code reviews
The Skills You’ll Need
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience developing and supporting Java applications at web-scale.
• Experience lifting and shipping legacy applications from On-prem / Colo data centers to cloud platforms.
• Knowledge of legacy build systems and processes.
• Working knowledge of cloud-based clustering and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• A deep understanding of DevOps pipelines, build and deploy tools, and best practices
• Applied Knowledge of Modern Server Frameworks such as Node, Spark, or Spring Boot
• Practical experience with Cloud-Native Development such as in AWS, Azure, or Google
• Applied experience with messaging / streaming such as Kinesis, Kafka, or Confluent
• Applied Knowledge of Microservices established best practices
• Applied Knowledge of REST APIs established best practices
• Practical experience of Design Principles and Patterns
• Practical experience with OO and/or Functional Programming
• Applied Knowledge with unit testing
• Applied Knowledge with Agile and at least one agile methodology such as SCRUM, XP, or SAFE