Location: Lincoln City, Oregon
If you are interested in helping take our Network to a new level and get us into the 21st century, we would love to talk with you. We are looking for a Network Engineer who knows their way around firewalls, switches, and hubs, along with wanting to take full ownership of our network. We’re a fun, laid back, easy going group and we’d love to meet you. If this sounds like you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining a growing resort-wide network infrastructure and backbone, and all associated equipment and software. Assists Director of I.T. in assuring that all networks and associated activities are fully operational and performing in accordance with company requirements.
• Configures, installs, maintains, and supports various network devices and services, such as, but not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls, VLAN’s, etc.
• Ensures network equipment, software, and traffic is operating at optimal levels.
• Maintains network security, reliability, and integrity.
• Ensures network equipment, components, and software is up to date per vendor and regulatory requirements.
• Monitors and evaluates network resources and systems performance.
• Responds to network troubleshooting issues.
• Assists Director of I.T. with network compliance requirements
• Performs all duties in accordance with our customer service standards.
• Provides input or recommendations for improvements and changes in processes or services.
• All other duties as assigned
• Communication Skills - Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• 3 years’ network engineer/administrator experience with demonstrated competency in network infrastructure and backbone configuration, support, and maintenance
• Experience with HP/Aruba networking systems preferred
• Experience with FortiGate Firewalls preferred
• Administrator level knowledge of network equipment and software required.
• Conditions of employment include passing a pre-employment drug screen and a background check
• High School Diploma or GED
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in computer studies preferred